Who are we?
The Irish ME/CFS Association, through our various activities and awareness campaigns, strive to improve the situation for people with ME/CFS and to give them information to empower themselves. The group, which has been run entirely by volunteers for the last seven years, has approximately 400 members, from the estimated 10,000 sufferers in the Rep. of Ireland.
Our aim is:
- To offer support for sufferers and carers
- To provide information
- To promote greater understanding and awareness of ME/CFS in the general public, medical profession and other related services
- To raise money for research
Our activities include:
- Regular meetings (usually with a guest speaker)
- Quarterly newsletters (with information from around the world)
- Information helpline and telephone support network
- Awareness-raising (especially through the media)
- Advocacy, fundraising for research and other services, etc.
Various magazines on M.E. are available on loan to members. Audio and video tapes of various talks are available to buy.
Please help support ME/CFS by buying your Christmas Cards here.
Thanks for your support!!
Tom Kindlon (Association's Assistant Chairperson) was interviewed about ME on Dublin City FM. Listen here.
This booklet is now available from the Association. For more info, click here.
Irish ME/CFS Association's Assistant Chairperson is a finalist in WegoHealth Health Activist Awards. Click here for more details.
This document is now available from the Association. For more info, see here.